2013 EXCELLENCE AWARD FOR RESTAURANT
This location holds a lot of history within the Langford community. Initially home of Langford’s first fire hall built in the mid 1900’s, in 1978 when Langford’s second fire hall was built, the location was converted into a bank. When Bin 4 Burger Lounge took over the space in 2012 to begin construction, it was necessary to work with some of the existing bank features such as the 12 x 7 ft. vault. Instead of blasting out the vault, it was converted into a walk in cooler and the kitchen design was worked around it. The two levels building includes three units altogether, the top level consists of two office units and the entire 2,650 sq.ft. lower level is occupied by the restaurant. Green initiatives included the installation of low flow toilets, a low temperature dishwasher unit, the adoption of a recycling program and a 100% paper free payroll system. 95% percent of the restaurant’s products are made in-house, reducing packaging waste and transportation emissions. Bin 4 supports local suppliers who share the same quality and business ethics upheld by the restaurant.